Wednesday 16 October 2013

cropping assignment

The cropping assignment is to improve the photographic composition or balance of an image. 

I am to highlight or zoom in on a particular aspect or subject matter with in the image in order to create a drama and or increase or add a visual intensity to an image.I am to change the aspect ratio.by doing so increases its visual weight, presence or import.

 I will be changing the ratio of three images three different image with three different ratios for each image. images in full three different aspect of image by cropping what each cropping has done.

 First Image

The image below is a photo by Bruce Gilden I chose this image because I thought that their quite a lot going on in the image for example the woman in the image looks like she is being dragged away were the man at first looks like she is just looking at the camera but he is also holding to woman arm.

1x1.trans 5 Lessons Bruce Gilden Has Taught Me About Street Photography



As you can see I have highlighted the parts of the image that I thought could be cropped to make a completely different image. the image of the woman looks like she is being moved around because of the crowed she is in. The image of the man looks like another street photo of a man looking quite seriously at the camera. I think this works because the atmosphere in both images are comply different from each other so if they were cropped you would not think they were from the same image.








No comments:

Post a Comment